02 June 2019

Yarn Store I would Not Necessarily Recommend

I've been wondering whether to keep my craft blog and this blog still separate or to write everything on here. After all, everything is interconnected in some way for the most part. Since I couldn't be bothered to sign out of this account and sign into my other account, I thought I woul post a little bit on here anyway and if people don't want to read it they can just skip it. The yarn store I wouldn't necessarily recommend is above a sweet-shop on Gloucester Road in Bristol England. I say wouldn't necessarily, because I did manage to get some nice yarn from there a couple of weeks ago, but ask them to read a yarn label or what the name of a yarn is and they have no clue what I'm talking about. I went up there yesterday to get some yarn needles (I left mine at the grandparents' and need to close the toe of a Hermione's Every-day Sock I've been knitting on for an age), and first they tried to sell me some knitting needles. I was utterly confused when I asked for yarn needles and they asked what size I'm looking for. What the heck? When they brought me a set of whatever size knitting needles I realized they were clearly not listening to a word I was saying, or at least not properly. I was going to use my needles in the little sewing kit I've got, but those are too small for yarn sadly. That's the typical thing about trying to travel lighter, you're bound to forget something. All that being said, I would totally recommend the sweets in the sweet-shop. They have some vegan jelly sweets (I particularly like the American hard gums and some other pretty big ones that I can't remember the name of) and they even have some vegan chocolate. :) Speaking of food, maybe I should write a post about low-waste things when staying in air bnb places ... or would that bore everyone stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment