07 June 2019

My First Evening In Brighton

I'm currently in Brighton on the south coast of England for a week or so. It was raining this morning, so thought I would write this before I go back out. I booked he room on air bnb because it was cheaper than most of the others around here. It's a shared room which they said on the description, but what they don't say is that some of the rooms including this one are mixed, rather than male or female. I'm not sure if I like this place or not. I like meeting the people, but it seems like they want to cram as many people into the room as possible. The beds have their own little curtains, so when the curtain is closed or I'm laying down, it feels something like a box. You can't see out the window from the beds at all really. There is a single chair i the room, which I'm sitting on to write this from. To my left is the bathroom door and to the left of that is the window. The window is pretty big, but the tiles on the window sill are cracked. The inner front door of this house is also really stiff. On the more possitive side, if it wasn't so horrible and rainy outside, I would go to the beach which is very close by. There is also a great number of vegetarian and vegan restaurants around here. I went to a plant-based pizza place yesterday evening and had a thing of courgette that was shaped like spaghetti, with sundried tomatoes among other things. Also I had a drink of fermented ginger leaves which was fizzy and kind of reminded me of ginger beer. I had a vegan macaroni cheese, but was not a fan of that because it had gone nearly cold by the time I was ready to eat it and was hard and not very tasty. Thankfully they took that off my bill. That particular pizza place though is cashless because supposedly they were spending too long counting up the cash at the end of the day, then they say only 5% of people were using cash, then they said something I've heard before in that the notes in the UK contain animal fat or some other kind of animal product. I don't see why they would put animal products in money. While I don't support the use of animal products in money, I also think people should be free to use cash if that's what they would like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment