09 December 2019

Christmas Markets and Fairs

I don't celebrate christmas, but sometimes I like going to different christmas fairs and markets and seeing what everyone else has been doing. I tend to avoid the shops at this time of year unless I need to buy something, because they get so busy with people and shopping trolleys that barely anyone can move. To me everything seems to be all about the days leading up to christmas, but I find this pointless because it's only one day on which people now spend hundreds of pounds. I did go to a christmas fair a couple of weekends ago though. This one was near where I'm staying in Doncaster. There were also a few plants for sale as there is a garden on the premises. I bought a jade crystal in a metal thing on a keyring. I normally don't like to put crystals in the same pocket as keys, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I also got an ornament of a lighthouse and a couple of boats with the ocean below it. The lady selling them buys a bunch of colored glass and cuts it and moulds it, then fires it into the appropriate shapes. I love the ocean and people have travelled in boats long long before aeroplanes were even thought of. There were also some pens for sale at another stall. Those are refillable pens, which is useful because they're less wasteful. Apparently they don't run out for quite some time either. The other stall I liked was one selling little knit santa hats with chocolate things inside them. There's a crhistmas craft and gift market at Cusworth Hall this weekend. I don't know if I feel like going yet, but hope the people selling there do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment