10 December 2019

Going Stateside

I've been wanting to go and see people in America for a long time and parts of America would be nice to visit in general. With that in mind I'm in the process of getting a replacement British passport so I can get the ESTA in case I need it if the supposed border control people decide to be disrespectful of everyone's human right to travel between countries and enter and leave any country. I'll be presenting my world passport first though of course, since I'm a world citizen. I don't really feel like going to Orlando Florida, so I also managed to find an equally cheap flight from London to Chicago return. Purely because they like to see a return date, I'm officially going for a couple of weeks. I'll probably stay for longer than that though, since I'll spend a few days in Chicago then get the bus to wherever else I feel like going. I think Nashville would be an interesting place to visit, but also thinking to go to Texas since it's a bit further south and warmer there apparently. Not sure specifically what I want to do yet, but I heard Austin Texas is good for vegan options when eating out. I don't know how good it is for zero waste stores or similar, but if I go there I'll find out. I have friends in North Carolina and Missouri I also want to see, so that will be great if I visit them. The weather by all accounts is vastly different in different parts of the USA than the UK. Sometimes the UK does get flooding, but that's only because they don't build properly so drains get blocked or because pipes are not buried very far under the ground, they often freeze and then burst. Also in the UK when it is even forecast for snow, the whole country panics, but in parts of America apparently they get on with it up to a pointt. I tend to acclimatize pretty quickly to cold weather or hot weather, it's more the dreary mistiness I find hard to deal with and the constant changes places like England and Wales go through. Speaking of winter weather, the snow in Finland is actually warm and quite pleasant. They don't put sand on the ground there until it's already been snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment