11 September 2019

Back To Brighton

I've booked my coach ticket back to Brighton on Friday, so now to find a place to stay. Apart from the grabbers and navigational issues, I find Brighton and Hove to be a fairly pleasant place. Yes there are a lot of people who don't have anywhere permanent to be through no fault of their own, but that I think is mainly because places are pretty expensive in the area from what I understand. That being said though, I find the people are more open to discussing pretty much anything that goes and I can get more done there than I can in other parts of England. I plan to go to Harriet Of Hove (the zero waste shop in Hove) while I'm in the area. I hear they've added some new items so thought I would go and take a look, as well as the fact I can get fresh bread from there. Their supplier is one of the local bakeries which is always good. Last time I was in there, I bought the bread without packaging if I remember right. Also of course there are vegan eateries and at least one yarn store that has a knit night every week. I like the beach too and I think there will be fewer people on the said beach now summer is coming to a close. That means I don't get to disturb anyone. I can look at rocks and things all day. Grandad told me they only put pebbles on that area of beach in the 1980s saying something to do with the water level of the sea. Apparently before that it used to be sandy. This makes little sense though, because Western Super-Mare has the nickname of Western Super-Med for a reason. The sand there is like mud or even quicksand. Then again I don't know, because I did meet someone who builds beaches and when I asked what they meant by building a beach (I just assumed a beach was there because it felt like being there and the ocean made it like that), they said they go with a vehicle and pick up the pebbles and sand that storms have thrown around and put it back, levelling it out in the process. That being beside the point, Brighton is en route to at least 2 airports if you go the right way, so that's fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment